Can you Gift Aid your financial donation?
Did you know, if you’re a UK taxpayer we can claim the tax back on your donations? It’s worth an extra 25 pence for every £1 you donate. That means that every £20 you give us could actually be worth £25! But we can only claim if you take two minutes to fill in our Gift Aid form.
Gift Aid is reclaimed by the charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year. Your address is needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer.
You are eligible as long as you pay income or capital gains tax in the UK on at least one of the following:
- Earnings, whether you’re an employee or self-employed
- Your pension
- Interest on savings
- Stocks and shares
- Dividends on investments
- Other income, eg from renting out a house
(You need to be paying enough tax to cover the Gift Aid claimed on your behalf by all the charities you support, not just Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity.)
- A completed Gift Aid form including your salutation (eg Mr, Mrs, Ms etc), first name, surname and home address
- A donation made from a personal bank or building society account
- For you to be paying income tax or capital gains tax which at least equals the amount Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity and other charities and community amateur sports clubs will claim on your behalf in that tax year (6th April one year to 5th April the next).
Once you’ve become a Gift Aid donor, please let us know if you stop paying tax or if you change your name or address, so that we can update our records.
We won’t be able to claim the tax back if:
- the donation was on behalf of someone else or a group of people
- the donation was on behalf of a company
Yes we are able to claim Gift Aid on items donated to our shops under the Retail Gift Aid scheme.
If you’re a UK taxpayer, you’ll need to complete a declaration form, including your name, address and signature. This can be done in the shop, or you can download our Retail Gift Aid Form here and bring it in with your donations.