We hold fundraising and awareness events throughout the year – volunteers are vital to ensure that these run smoothly, safely and successfully so that everyone has a great time to help us raise money and awareness of local hospice care.
What will I be doing?
As an event volunteer you will be representing Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity at one or more events that are held throughout the year.
These may be events which have been organised by the charity or they may be events that have been organised by a supporter or local community group.
There are lots of different ways you can involved with our events, from behind the scenes planning and preparation to on the day.
You could get involved in the following activities:
- Register participants
- Marshalling a route
- Handing out T-shirts or medals
- Setting up & packing down
- Running a stall selling merchandise or a fundraising activity
- Event planning and preparation
Support and training will be given to all volunteers.
What volunteering for FNHC can do for you
What you get out of volunteering for FNHC depends on what you are looking for, but these are just some of the benefits we offer our volunteers:
- Pride of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to your local community, and to the amazing work of the Hospice.
- Opportunity to use and develop your own skills and enhance your CV.
- Build confidence and experience in a supportive environment
- Offer flexibility to fit around other commitments.
How to Apply
Complete our short registration form and our Volunteering Team will be in touch shortly.